Excellent news: Bati has wound up with 3rd spot on the grid for tomorrow’s Australian Grand Prix at Phillip Island in a session that saw Jorge Lorenzo basically untouchable out front, and a nasty looking fall for Roberto Locatelli; who thankfully seems okay.
The circuit is a good one for Alvaro, who of course clinched his 125cc championship title there last year. Hopefully he can work some magic again in the race tomorrow.
Here’s some of his words post-session…
“Again I am on the front row. I am very happy with that because I haven’t been on the front row since Holland, and mainly because I a am also feeling good about the bike.
We have been testing some things in the official practice and I have kept things which I liked, and have been able to go fast. The speed is not bad, although Lorenzo is perhaps a step ahead.
Tomorrow I will try to take advantage of the front row start, and I must to try to be ahead right from the beginning and to give all the fight I possibly can.”
Good luck for the race Bati! 🙂
Fans can follow and discuss all of the action by clicking here… where you’ll find news, stats, quotes, pics and of course the opinions of our forum members and fans.
Join in at BatiFans.com and support our guy and chat to other fans online…
For completeness here’s the top ten riders…
1. Lorenzo (Aprilia) 1:32.884
2. Barbera (Aprilia) +0.886secs
3. Bautista (Aprilia) +0.936secs (1:33.820)
4. de Angelis (Aprilia) +0.940secs
5. Simoncelli (Gilera) +0.970secs
6. H. Aoyama (KTM) +1.048secs
7. Dovizioso (Honda) +1.269secs
8. Luthi (Aprilia) +1.301secs
9. Simon (Honda) +1.415secs
10. S. Aoyama (Honda) +1.528secs
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts