At a celebratory dinner on Thursday evening, ahead of the Gran Premio Parts Europe de la Comunitat Valenciana, dignitaries including Valencian president Francisco Camps and Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta gathered to mark the tenth anniversary of the Ricardo Tormo circuit.
Numerous MotoGP riders were also in attendance, in addition to the likes of Circuit Director Julio Garcia and prominent local figure Jorge Martinez Aspar to sample some local paella and enjoy some Valencian fireworks.
The riders also came face to face with larger than life size `ninots´ – models of themselves – created by a local artist, in the traditional Valencian style.
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Martin: “It was a really hard weekend for me”