Last week the annual Aspar Team Day took place for the second time at the Valencia Circuit in Cheste.
The unique event is a big get-together for riders, mechanics, sponsors, organisators and people involved with Team Aspar and is a perfect opportunity to re-unite once more before the long off-season and have a bit of fun.
A kart race for the 40 guests was the highlight of the day, followed by the three attending riders – Alvaro Bautista, Julian Simon and Sergio Gadea – as well as Jorge Martinez and Gino Borsoi taking a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO III fast around the track.
Jorge Martinez Aspar:
“It has been a very funny initiative. Throughout the year we have contact with our sponsors, mainly during the GPs, but always with only very limited time. This day has allowed us to enjoy some motorports activities and mainly it has allowed us to do it with some more time on our hands and in a more relaxed environment, now the season has ended.
It is interesting to be able to enjoy a rest day like this from time to time and seeing the success, I only hope that this idea is the first of many others”.
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Martin: “It was a really hard weekend for me”
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019
- Smith: “I’ve had a great weekend”
- Vierge undergoes successful operation
- MotoGP™ on ServusTV in Austria and Germany from 2019
- Jarvis confirms: Morbidelli and Quartararo at SIC Yamaha