With rain, strong winds and cold temperatures, the first day of testing at the Valencian Circuit had far from perfect conditions and therefore many riders decided not to go out on track. Only 11 regular riders from the 125cc and 250cc class left their warm boxes with a transponder on their bike and joined the 14 riders from the Italian and Spanish national championships. Some riders like Stefan Bradl, Dominique Aegerter and Bastien Chesaux went out on track, but without a transponder.
With only four 250cc riders testing with a transponder Mapfre Aspar rider Alvaro Bautista posted once again the fastest laptimes of the day, over 1,3 seconds ahead of second placed Hector Faubel on the Thai Honda. But with the bad weather condidtions Bautista’s 1:48.269 was still a good 15 seconds slower than the record lap from last year’s race.
Fastest regular 125cc contestant was again Bancaja Aspar rider Julian Simon, but ahead of him CEV rider Alberto Moncayo put in a few fast laps at the end and with a 1:52.064 he finished as the fastest overall 125cc rider of the day.
Results Live Timing:
1. Alvaro Bautista 1:48.269
2. Hector Faubel 1:49.624
3. Gabor Talmacsi 1:49.788
4. Alex Baldolini 1:50.981
1. Julian Simon 1:53.081
2. Tito Rabat 1:53.695
3. Scott Redding 1:54.217
4. Johan Zarco 1:57.105
5. Marc Marquez 2:01.195
6. Cameron Beaubier 2:01.841
7. Sergio Gadea 2:05.808
Screenshot Live Timing Result
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts