Good news from Talavera regarding young Juanjo Nuñez, who we also follow on the BatiFan Blog, is that he’s made an excellent start in his 2009 season running in the 80cc Copa del Mediterráneo, pulling in a very respectable 2 points at his very first race – held at Castelloli – slugging it out with some of the best young riders in Europe.
Although he appears to have encountered some troubles in the time trials at this complex and technical circuit – eventually qualifying 27th – he seems to have really pulled back in the race itself, having some good fights and coming home in 14th with 2 points to his credit.
He’s happy with this first performance; aware that it’s just the start and that he’s in a very competitive field. And we wish him all the best as we follow his progress through the season.
Nice work Juanjo 🙂
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Martin: “It was a really hard weekend for me”