1st Alvaro Bautista 2.00.677 (19 laps):
“I am happy to have got pole position despite the difficulties posed by the wind. At the start of the session it started to rain, and we didn’t know if we’d have qualifying at all. We had a good pace but at the start I had to work a little bit. We tried a new tyre that didn’t work out and then returned to what we had before. I was going round in a pace below 01.
Tomorrow’s race will be complicated, as Aoyama will be up at the front and Barberá and Di Meglio will also have something to say. I expect a difficult race, but I want to have fun with it, and the important thing is that we have everything ready. In any case, we’ll have the warmup for some final adjustments.”
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts