Alvaro Bautista -7th:
“It was a complicated race, the whole weekend had been going fantastically, but today’s big storm really spoilt the party. From the start I went wide on the corner and I found it difficult to ride. I didn’t feel comfortable at any moment, and it was hard to gain confidence. The end of the race saw my back tyre almost completely worn out, and I had to ride very carefully. Fortunately I was able to move up some positions, but I had to be very careful on the final laps.
I could have got on the podium, but the worn tyre made me drop down again. It’s a pity, because things were going well, but we can only hope that we continue from qualifying and practice when we get to Japan. The circumstances were unique, and took us by surprise, as we had a track more like earth than asphalt.”
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts