Alvaro Bautista rode with an injured elbow this afternoon following a crash at Craner Curves five minutes from the end of the morning’s final free practice. He qualified sixth fastest but is confident he will be fully recovered in time to challenge for the podium and the series lead tomorrow.
Here’s what Bati said post-quali…
“I feel a little better now than I did this morning. I was struggling in free practice after the crash because the elbow was swollen and sore but it has gone down now and I feel better. I was still struggling to turn the bike under heavy braking but I hope to be better tomorrow. It looks like it could be a wet race which isn’t nice for anybody, especially with the low grip levels here, but even so we will try and leave Donington with as many points as possible. The objective is to get a good start and stick with the front group, which will be important from the second row. I could have gone a little faster towards the end of the session but I ran into traffic.”
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts