Team Del Conca Gresini’s Jorge Martin and Fabio Di Giannantonio have enjoyed a really positive day at Termas de Rio Honda as they took the third and fifth spots on the grid, respectively, at the end of today’s qualifying.
Both riders went for the quick lap on their second outing: this proved to be the best strategy as they could log a competitive time before the arrival of a light rain shower, which put an early end to any hope of improving with still ten minutes to go.
Martin’s 1’49.323secs lap-time proved to be enough for the Spaniard to score his second consecutive front-row qualifying, after the one he secured a fortnight ago in Qatar.
The second race of the 2017 Moto3 World Championship will get underway tomorrow at 13:00 local time (GMT-3).
3rd – JORGE MARTIN #88
“I’m happy, because we have made a big step forward after yesterday, when my feeling with the bike was not perfect. I set my qualifying time with the hard tyre and that’s a good sign ahead of tomorrow. A front-row start is always important, although I know it will there’ll be many contenders for the win as usual. I hope we’ll be up there until the end”.
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts