Arón Canet’s win is the 44th for Spanish riders in Moto3 –matching his bike number.
Canet has moved up from sixteenth on the starting grid to first place. Teammate Enea Bastianini climbed from fifteenth to second.
The race featured a large group of riders at the front, with as many as 23 in one group.
ARÓN CANET – 1st35’53.028
I’m very happy after my third win of the season. We are improving in many ways; I am consistent in the front group and fast at all the circuits, and that is important. It was a very difficult race; I started from sixteenth but I was able to gain positions until I reached the front group. Then I studied my rivals and I could see that Jorge [Martin] was the one with the best pace. I tried to make it so that he was the one who broke the group, but it was not possible and I passed him instead. Although on the last laps Bastianini and another rider overtook me, I knew I could fight for the victory, which we got with the red flag . I’m very happy and I hope that Juanfran [Guevara] recovers very soon.
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Martin: “It was a really hard weekend for me”
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019
- Smith: “I’ve had a great weekend”
- Vierge undergoes successful operation
- MotoGP™ on ServusTV in Austria and Germany from 2019