The hopes of Aleix Espargaró, comforted by his good qualifiers yesterday and especially by the good pace demonstrated both in FP4 and in the warm up, were dashed on the first lap when his V4 was stopped by a loosened screw on the pneumatic circuit.
A problem that was as simple as it was decisive in compromising a race that, in light of what happened on the track and considering Aleix’s pace and that of is closest rivals, could have ended with a good result for Aprilia Racing Team Gresini.
“I want to take the Aprilia onto the podium. I am riding like I never have before in my entire career and I feel like we can succeed. Today we missed a great chance, given the pace demonstrated in the warm up and my feeling. Unfortunately, a DNF for technical reasons does not help my morale. This weekend we worked well and I am certain that we could have had a say in the race. Now, with the position in the overall standings compromised, I will always be giving 101% in every race from here to Valencia.”
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019
- Smith: “I’ve had a great weekend”
- Vierge undergoes successful operation
- MotoGP™ on ServusTV in Austria and Germany from 2019
- Jarvis confirms: Morbidelli and Quartararo at SIC Yamaha
- Lorenzo vs Marquez: a rivalry reignited
- Crutchlow: “It was a lonely race”