Tito Rabat did a superb job on Saturday morning, when he improved his lap times in FP3 enough to make a straight move to Q2 for the second time this season. In the afternoon, he showed a strong pace with the bike in race configuration and improved his lap time once again in Q2. Finally, he was 11th with a best lap of 1’32.049, which was a great result for Reale Avintia Racing team today and showed Rabat’s big potential for this race.
Incredibly, the weather forecast remains sunny and warm for the race in Le Mans.
“It’s been a great weekend so far and I’m very happy because we are always in positions close to the front. We qualified for Q2 for the first time without help from another rider. But it’s true that I was following Andrea Dovizioso in Q2. In the end, I was not able to improve a lot. But with a good start, the race should also be good.”
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019
- Smith: “I’ve had a great weekend”
- Vierge undergoes successful operation
- MotoGP™ on ServusTV in Austria and Germany from 2019
- Jarvis confirms: Morbidelli and Quartararo at SIC Yamaha
- Lorenzo vs Marquez: a rivalry reignited
- Crutchlow: “It was a lonely race”