Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona lined up on the grid of the French Grand Prix at the Bugatti circuit under sunny weather and perfect conditions.
For Iker Lecuona, the race ended early as the young Spaniard crashed out in the third lap at the Garage Vert corner, whereas he was in 19th position.
After this difficult French round, the two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s rider are now focused on the next race at Mugello, where they recently carried out two promising days of testing.
Iker Lecuona (DnF):
“In the warm-up, the bike was sliding a lot under acceleration and braking, it was really difficult. For the race, we made some tweaks to the set-up of the bike. I had a good feeling, but I was at the limit. I gave everything to pass a rider and I crashed. We’ll have to keep working at Mugello. I’m really sorry for the team.”
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts