Arón Canet had a big crash along with Bulega and Arenas, when he was hit at Turn 4 of Lap 15 when in the front group.
After this race, Canet is fifth in the overall standings with 61 points. Alonso Lopez moves up to fourteenth with 31.
“It’s a shame to finish the weekend like this, because it was a very fun race and I was controlling the situation well from the beginning. Both Enea [Bastianini] and I had a very good pace, so I didn’t want to pass him and for us to get in each other’s way. I was preparing my strategy to pass him on the last corner, but when Martín crashed we reeled in Suzuki and from there it was a constant overtaking exchange with the riders that took advantage of the slipstream. In group races it is very easy for someone to make a mistake: I did that at Jerez, Arenas did it here, so I don’t think I should get upset with anyone. The doctors say I have no fracture, although my ankle hurts.”
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019
- Smith: “I’ve had a great weekend”
- Vierge undergoes successful operation
- MotoGP™ on ServusTV in Austria and Germany from 2019
- Jarvis confirms: Morbidelli and Quartararo at SIC Yamaha
- Lorenzo vs Marquez: a rivalry reignited
- Crutchlow: “It was a lonely race”