The Grand Prix of Catalunya has ended in a very unexpected way for Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3 after a very different start for the two riders: Jorge Martin got the perfect start and pulled away from the rest, while a mistake sent Fabio Di Giannantonio to the very back of the field (26th position).
As it often happens in the quarter-litre class of MotoGP, things can change in a blink of an eye: on lap eight, Martin crashed out of the encounter after losing the front-end on corner entry at turn nine and he is out of a race he was dominating.
Courtesy of his result, Fabio Di Giannantonio scores some important points that allowed him to take second place in the standings from his team mate Martin – for only one point. With Bezzecchi consolidating his leadership, Assen will be an extremely important race to keep the team’s dreams of glory alive.
“We had a great pace but maybe we chose the wrong tyres, I don’t know. I got on track with a small clutch problem and I was losing under braking, but we had a winning pace. I gave everything I had and the crash was the last thing that should have happened, because I needed points. I had a great feeling with the bike and I’m sure they would not have caught me, but I lost the front and there was nothing else I could do.”
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019
- Smith: “I’ve had a great weekend”
- Vierge undergoes successful operation
- MotoGP™ on ServusTV in Austria and Germany from 2019
- Jarvis confirms: Morbidelli and Quartararo at SIC Yamaha
- Lorenzo vs Marquez: a rivalry reignited
- Crutchlow: “It was a lonely race”