Augusto Fernández today faced the second day of the Dutch GP at Assen TT Circuit, looking forward to improve yesterday feelings – and that’s what he did.
The Spanish Pons HP 40 rider kept getting to know his new bike as he’s increasingly better adapted to it. Even though he had some problems during the morning practice, Fernández overcame them, and despite aiming to fight for the Top 10, he eventually had to settle for starting from the sixteenth position, with a fastest lap of 1:38.215, but feeling confident to make a good start and fight again for the points.
Tomorrow morning, the 24 laps long Moto2 race will start at 12:20 and Augusto is already thinking in the comeback and the fight to achieve the Top 10 finish goal.
Augusto Fernández #40 – 16th, 1:38.215 (+0.607)
“We still have problems in the qualifying practice, but apart from that I’m happy because we made a step forward from this morning. We’ve been struggling a bit during the whole weekend, but finally we improved the starting grid position compared to Montmeló, even though starting from 16th position is always hard. We must stay positive, we’ve improved both the motorbike and me and I think that if we make a good start tomorrow, we can be in the Top 10 group and complete a good race”.
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts