The #GermanGP has been so far the kingdom of Jorge Martin and Team Del Conca Gresini Moto3, who have claimed today at the Sachsenring another pole position in the quarter-litre class of MotoGP. This is pole number 15 for the Spanish rider – rewriting once again the all-time record for the category – and the sixth of the season (he only missed it Qatar, Argentina and Catalunya).
Today’s pole position came in a sort of unusual way for Martin, who played his card right early on as he went back on track for the last stint with eight minutes left – so before the rest of the field – in order to avoid the usual traffic. It was a gamble that paid off, even though it left more chances to his rivals in the last minutes – with Rodríguez eventually only 0.060secs away in second place.
1st – JORGE MARTIN #88
“We worked up until now only on our race pace. We did an excellent lap in qualifying, even though I must admit that we lost a couple of tenths during our best attempt due to Kornfeil and Öttl who were slower than me and held me back. Obviously I’m super happy with my 15th Moto3 pole position and I hope tomorrow we will be able to make some selection early on and make sure it’ll be only a few of us battling for the win.”
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019
- Smith: “I’ve had a great weekend”
- Vierge undergoes successful operation
- MotoGP™ on ServusTV in Austria and Germany from 2019
- Jarvis confirms: Morbidelli and Quartararo at SIC Yamaha
- Lorenzo vs Marquez: a rivalry reignited
- Crutchlow: “It was a lonely race”