The intense Summer heat was present at the Czech Republic GP second day, with track temperatures close to 53 ºC during the qualifying practice this afternoon.
In the morning, Pons HP 40 rider Augusto Fernández started the day working in his Kalex set up, even though he had to face some difficulties and he didn’t manage to improve as much as he expected. However, he seemed optimistic towards the qualifying session.
Finally, Augusto completed a fastest lap of 2.03.363 at the qualifying practice and he will start from the 21st place in the starting grid for tomorrow’s race, that will start at 12:20 local time – and where he will fight to achieve the points finish goal, as he did in the last races.
Augusto Fernández #40 – 21st, 2:03:363 (+1.119)
“Today we didn’t manage to make a good lap with the new tyres. At the beginning of the session I was riding in my own and made my best lap, but I couldn’t improve it later. I lacked that one lap explosiveness and it’s a shame. We start from the 21st position, it’s far, but with the used tyres we have a good rhythm to be with the front guys. A good start will be really important tomorrow, so we can start to recover some places since the beginning and be able to be in the group”.
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019
- Smith: “I’ve had a great weekend”
- Vierge undergoes successful operation
- MotoGP™ on ServusTV in Austria and Germany from 2019
- Jarvis confirms: Morbidelli and Quartararo at SIC Yamaha
- Lorenzo vs Marquez: a rivalry reignited
- Crutchlow: “It was a lonely race”