Jorge Navarro has finished qualifying for the Czech Grand Prix in eleventh position and only four tenths of a second away from pole position – meaning he will line up tomorrow in the middle of the fourth row at Brno for the Moto2 race.
The Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 rider did not manage to turn the good feelings of yesterday’s free practice into a great qualifying; despite the high temperatures encountered today, however, Navarro was able to improve Friday’s personal best lap-time by one second.
With the decision for the tyre to choose already made – he will use the soft compound, which he tried this morning for 26 laps – the tenth race of the 2018 Moto2 season will get underway at 12:20 local time (GMT +2).
11th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“The result wasn’t what I was expecting, as I was sure I could qualifying in the first two rows. Eleventh place – considering our pace – is not a bad result: we worked hard during the whole weekend and with such high temperatures in qualifying the time had to be set in the first outing, but I was still missing something at that moment. We improved minute after minute and during the second run I was riding on my own and it was impossible to set a quick lap-time. I reckon we have the pace for a good race and not many other riders can say the same, so we’ll stay focus and try to do a good race.”
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019
- Smith: “I’ve had a great weekend”
- Vierge undergoes successful operation
- MotoGP™ on ServusTV in Austria and Germany from 2019
- Jarvis confirms: Morbidelli and Quartararo at SIC Yamaha
- Lorenzo vs Marquez: a rivalry reignited
- Crutchlow: “It was a lonely race”