Team Reale Avintia Racing and their Spanish rider Tito Rabat had a fantastic second day of practice at the Grand Prix of the Czech Republic, with Rabat moving straight to the Q2 of the Top 12 riders and scoring a fourth row grid position for the race on Sunday.
After a strong Friday, Rabat confirmed his good feelings with his Ducati on Saturday morning and ended up in ninth position, which paved his way to the Q2 session. In FP4, he concentrated on the best possible race set-up and came to very good conclusions once again. In the Q2, he pulled all stops and improved his lap time significantly, but the others in the top group of MotoGP riders raised the bar as well and Rabat finally took eleventh place.
“I am very happy because we went directly to Q2 today and this is an amazing achievement. I rode a great lap in qualifying, but the guys in front also pushed very hard. Now we will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. It will be a very tough race, in which you have to be fully concentrated because the smallest details can be crucial. The key will be to manage tyre wear with throttle control. Physically, we are all very strong, so the heat won’t be a problem. But you have to be smooth with the throttle and you also have to avoid sliding under brakes. This is the only way to keep the tyres in good condition until the end and to score a strong result”.
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts
- Ángel Nieto Team: new Moto2™ challenge for 2019
- Smith: “I’ve had a great weekend”
- Vierge undergoes successful operation
- MotoGP™ on ServusTV in Austria and Germany from 2019
- Jarvis confirms: Morbidelli and Quartararo at SIC Yamaha
- Lorenzo vs Marquez: a rivalry reignited
- Crutchlow: “It was a lonely race”