Sunny and perfect conditions welcomed the SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders on Sunday at the Austrian Grand Prix on the Red Bull Ring circuit.
Qualified in 12th position – his best result on the grid so far – , Iker Lecuona moved up to 11th on the opening lap before losing contact with the leading group.
The Spaniard was then joined by Fabio Quartararo after mid-race and had to let him go. He nevertheless took advantage of Álex Márquez’ crash in the final corner to finish the tenth place.
Iker Lecuona (10th):
“My start was pretty good, but the first lap was tough and I couldn’t keep up with the group fighting for the win. I lost contact and I fought with Marcel Schrötter and Álex Márquez. They overtook me and I was joined by Fabio Quartararo and Romano Fenati… I really enjoyed this race and we did a great job over the weekend. I’m closer to the top. I want to thank the team for the job they did this week-end!”
- Misano: private testing on Sunday
- Third MotoE™ Team Committee takes place in Austria
- 10 highlights from the Austrian GP
- Corsi undergoes successful surgery
- Ciabatti: “We will obviously let Jorge test with Honda"
- Applications for the Idemitsu Asia Talent Cup now closed
- British GP: KTM obliged to field two riders
- At the crunch, it's the actual racing that counts