The intermittent rain conditioned the Czech Grand Prix, forcing Race Direction to bring the red flags out after seven laps.
The second grid line-up was based on the standings after the first part and six final laps was the decision took by the commission.
It proved a complicated weekend for Spaniard Augusto Fernandez, who wasn’t able to resolve with his team the feeling problems in dry (first part of the race) and wet conditions (second part). He finished his first Czech Gp twenty-seventh, looking ahead to the next race at the Austrian circuit.
AUGUSTO FERNANDEZ #37 – 27th
“It was not an easy weekend. Friday we started well in both conditions, wet and dry, but then we were not able to improve. Today I missed the feeling in both parts of the race and I didn’t want to risk the crash in case of pushing more because the point zone was still far from my position. We will do better in Austria!”
- Yamaha MotoGP Team and Monster join forces from 2019
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Role reversal in Race 2: Can beats Deniz Öncü