Arón Canet’s win is the 44th for Spanish riders in Moto3 –matching his bike number.
Canet has moved up from sixteenth on the starting grid to first place. Teammate Enea Bastianini climbed from fifteenth to second.
The race featured a large group of riders at the front, with as many as 23 in one group.
ARÓN CANET – 1st35’53.028
I’m very happy after my third win of the season. We are improving in many ways; I am consistent in the front group and fast at all the circuits, and that is important. It was a very difficult race; I started from sixteenth but I was able to gain positions until I reached the front group. Then I studied my rivals and I could see that Jorge [Martin] was the one with the best pace. I tried to make it so that he was the one who broke the group, but it was not possible and I passed him instead. Although on the last laps Bastianini and another rider overtook me, I knew I could fight for the victory, which we got with the red flag . I’m very happy and I hope that Juanfran [Guevara] recovers very soon.
- Yamaha MotoGP Team and Monster join forces from 2019
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Role reversal in Race 2: Can beats Deniz Öncü