The true main player of the Grand Prix of San Marino e Riviera di Rimini was the weather. After two days of dry sessions, the expected rain totally changed the track and race conditions by forcing teams and riders to change the bike setting already in the morning warm up.
The race started in a mild rain that made the track slippery and riding conditions really difficult. The Speed Up rider Simone Corsi lost some starting positions while Augusto Fernandez immediately recovered.
Unfortunately, during lap nine, the young Spaniard who had reached an excellent tenth position and was engaged in a spirited race for points, was forced to retire due to an electronic problem to the bike. Eventually only 16 riders finished Moto2 race at the Marco Simoncelli circuit in Misano.
AUGUSTO FERNANDEZ #37 – NOT CLASSIFIED
“I do not know what to say, I’m obviously very sorry for today. I had a good pace, I was riding well and fast recovering lap by lap. It was the first time I was in Top Ten in race, I felt I could do well today and finally achieve my first goal, the points. Now I only want to forget what happened and concentrate on the next Grand Prix of Aragón.”
- Yamaha MotoGP Team and Monster join forces from 2019
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Role reversal in Race 2: Can beats Deniz Öncü