Álex Márquez recovered from a scary moment on lap three when he ran wide onto the wet grass at turn 11 and dropped back to 12th position.
But the Spanish rider then played a role in Morbidelli’s title chase by charging through the traffic to finish sixth and crucially taking championship points from Lüthi.
Álex Márquez: 6th
“I didn’t make a very good start and was trying to recover some positions when I ran wide and this mistake put me behind a lot of riders so it was a difficult race. I’m still not 100% fit after my recent injuries but I pushed hard and was able to overtake Lüthi and other riders to finally finish sixth. While this was not the best result it was a positive weekend.”
- Yamaha MotoGP Team and Monster join forces from 2019
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Role reversal in Race 2: Can beats Deniz Öncü