The second qualifying session of the 2018 Moto2 World Championship has brought a good result to the Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 team, as Jorge Navarro managed to claim fifth on the grid after a session which was heavily affected by rain.
Yesterday, the young Spanish rider had already shown some promising potential on the dry, and further confirmation arrived this morning under mix conditions (10th time) and most of all during the final session of the day, where Navarro was at times on a potential front row – courtesy of an excellent, final quick-lap attempt.
With a very interesting race pace on mixed conditions and a positive feeling on the dry, Navarro will aim at a strong result tomorrow in the Moto2 race of the #ArgentinaGP, which will get underway at 13:20 local time.
5th – JORGE NAVARRO #9
“Today has been without a doubt a complicated day due to the weather conditions here at Termas. This morning the feeling with the rear-end of the bike wasn’t ideal, but with the changes made for qualifying things have improved almost immediately. I got to grips well to the wet conditions and found an encouraging fifth place. We are ready for both dry and wet tomorrow, so I hope we’ll do a good job.”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win
- Martin pulls the pin to perfection as the standings shuffle
- 10 reasons to watch the German GP