Arón Canet’s second consecutive podium allows him to take the lead in the World Championship with 40 points, 10 more than his closest rival.
The Moto3 Repsol rider started from eighth in a race began with the track wet, but in which the surface dried out quickly.
“It’s been a race that we had to finish; one of those that make a mark on the World Championship if you make a mistake. We made the right decision in the end, and I think that part of that is due to the experience we have from three years in the World Championship. We decided to start with wet tyres and, when the track started to dry out more at the end of the race, I forced the pace a little and I was able to escape from Fabio [Di Giannantonio]. Nevertheless, he caught up with me on the last lap and thanks to the television screens I was able to see that he was very close, so at the last braking point I closed the door as much as I could. Finally I took second position, which is a very positive result.”
- Yamaha MotoGP Team and Monster join forces from 2019
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Role reversal in Race 2: Can beats Deniz Öncü