Arón Canet remained in the front group until Lap 10, when he lost contact with the frontrunners and was unable to catch them back up.
The Repsol rider drops one position in the overall standings after the Grand Prix of The Americas and is second in the overall standings, seven points behind the leader.
“We struggled a bit today, and now we will have to look at what exactly happened together with the team. At first I was well placed in the lead group, but as the laps went by I encountered difficulties at some parts of the circuit -and at others I took more risks. At one point myself and another rider got in each other’s way, and we lost contact with those at the front, because every lap was the same: He overtook me on the straight and I overtook him under braking. The positive thing is that we improved our result from last year and I am happy with the team, because we worked as well as possible throughout the weekend. Now we go to my home circuit, where we won last year, so we will try to match that result.”
- Yamaha MotoGP Team and Monster join forces from 2019
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM
- Lorenzo: “We made a mistake on the settings”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Role reversal in Race 2: Can beats Deniz Öncü