Despite a rainy morning, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona were once again in front in the final free practice session, ending in third and sixth respectively.
Iker Lecuona, who struggled in the afternoon to have a good feeling on his bike, still managed to score his best qualifying result with a 13th-place, eight tenths off the pole position.
Both Swiss Innovative Investors KTM team’s riders were pleased with their performance and are looking forward to the race tomorrow.
Iker Lecuona (13th – 2’11.421):
“We made some changes to the set-up of the bike this morning, especially the suspension, to help me in braking. These settings were positive. I finished sixth, but my pace was fast and consistent. After the rain, my feeling was not the same during qualifying. I’m not really happy with this 13th place, but this is my best result. The main thing will be to make it happen in the race.”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win
- Martin pulls the pin to perfection as the standings shuffle
- 10 reasons to watch the German GP