Reale Avintia Racing rider Tito Rabat conquered a fantastic eighth place the the Grand Prix of the Americas in Austin, Texas, on Sunday. The former Moto2 world champion feels more and more comfortable on his Ducati GP17 and displayed an impeccable race today. Starting from 14th place on the grid, he recovered places steadily and, after passing Jack Miller on the last lap, finished as the second best Ducati rider behind new world championship leader Andrea Dovizioso. This result gives Rabat another moral boost. He is now ninth in the championship and will now travel to his home race at Jerez determined to score another top result.
“I am very happy with our first three races of the season, with the great work my team is doing and with the performance of my Ducati. We had another very good weekend, despite the fact that the track conditions in practice were difficult and we only had good conditions in FP2. We took a risk with our tyre choice for the race and the gamble worked out. It was a lot of fun. At the beginning, I struggled to get past Bradley Smith und later, it was a real thrill to ride with Lorenzo, Rins and Miller. In the end, I had a grat battle with Jack and I managed to pass him in the final lap. This result gives me another boost for our home race in Jerez”.
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win
- Martin pulls the pin to perfection as the standings shuffle
- 10 reasons to watch the German GP