After picking up a second victory of the season in Austin, Jorge Martín’s good form continued at the Circuit de Jerez – Ángel Nieto today with his second pole position of the season. The Spaniard topped a close qualifying session with a best lap of 1’46.193 heading a group of 24 riders within the same second. German rider Philipp Öttl and Italy’s Fabio di Giannantonio complete the front row, ahead of an all-Italian second row in Niccolò Antonelli, Marco Bezzecchi and Ángel Nieto Team rider Andrea Migno.
24th Albert Arenas 1:47.282 (15 laps):
“We started strongly in qualifying, running up at the top in the early stages but then we struggled to find those extra couple of tenths that would have given us a much better position. We have to keep working to find them. Tomorrow we will have to come through the pack, it’s a shame we are starting so far back because our pace is good.”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win
- Martin pulls the pin to perfection as the standings shuffle
- 10 reasons to watch the German GP