After a difficult weekend, Reale Avintia Racing riders Tito Rabat and Xavier Simeon leave Jerez without the results they were expecting at the Spanish Grand Prix. With higher temperatures and different conditions from last year’s test on this track, Tito Rabat was not able to find the feeling he had in November. Furthermore, his start from sixth row of the grid was not the best and he lost several positions, that he struggled to recover during the race. The only positive point for Rabat at the Spanish Grand Prix was that with 14th place, he is still inside the top ten on the championship standings after four races.
Both Reale Avintia Racing riders will stay in Jerez for a one-day-test tomorrow where they hope to find solutions ahead of the French GP, that will take place in Le Mans in just two weeks.
“It was a really difficult weekend. I thought I would be able to go faster in the race, but it was not possible. The start was not good and then I never got a good feeling with the bike. It was strange, so I decided to settle down and keep my pace until the end. It was impossible to go faster, and it’s a shame that this happened in my first home race. Tomorrow we will have a test where we will analyse what happened this weekend. I’m looking forward to this test, but I’m even keener to forget this weekend and to get to Le Mans.”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win
- Martin pulls the pin to perfection as the standings shuffle
- 10 reasons to watch the German GP