Perfect weather conditions greeted the Moto2 riders on the starting grid of the Spanish Grand Prix at the iconic Jerez circuit.
ker Lecuona gave it all in the final lap in front of his home crowd to beat Fabio Quartararo and claim the ninth place.
The two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS team’s riders are thrilled with their performance in Jerez and are now focusing on the next round at Le Mans for the French Grand Prix.
Iker Lecuona (9th):
“A very difficult race. Even though I was far away on the grid, I made a great start and the first lap wasn’t that bad. I thought I would suffer from the front tyre, but actually I felt good. I mostly struggled with rear grip. I made a mistake shortly after mid-race and lost a few positions. I remained focused and managed. I made a nice battle with Quartararo until the finish line. I’m really happy and I want to thank everyone who came to support me, my friends and all my fans.”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win
- Martin pulls the pin to perfection as the standings shuffle
- 10 reasons to watch the German GP