After the first day of French GP free practice at Le Mans, tenth place went to Jorge Lorenzo, who set a time of 1’32.576 to end the day just over six-tenths slower than his team-mate.
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – 10th (1’32.576)
“The first day here at Le Mans was quite positive, and we were able to work calmly and try some interesting solutions. My sensations are good and I think we could have improved our time and also tenth place. With the new tyre we tried one last different setting, but I wasn’t completely at ease with it and was unable to get my time down like everyone else. We surely have room for improvement for tomorrow and it will be very important to get directly into Q2. Today however I also want to congratulate Andrea and Ducati for reaching an agreement for the next two years.”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win
- Martin pulls the pin to perfection as the standings shuffle
- 10 reasons to watch the German GP