Everything that could happen, did happen on the last lap: Bezzecchi ended up crashing after being overtaken by Di Giannantonio – and his tumble basically took out of the equation Martin, who had the podium within grasp.
It was another weekend to forget for Martin – left empty-handed with no blame.
“Such back luck once again for me. Nevertheless, it was a difficult weekend so it felt good to be near the front battling for the win. I hope things will go more our way soon, because there was nothing I could do to avoid the crash today. I would have been happy with a podium today, but we’ll come back strong at Mugello.”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win
- Martin pulls the pin to perfection as the standings shuffle
- 10 reasons to watch the German GP