After two promising free practice sessions, Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona had a more difficult qualifying on Saturday at the Italian Grand Prix.
The day kicked off in a good way for the two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders. Sam Lowes and Iker Lecuona, who were third and sixteenth in the morning, did not manage to make it in the afternoon with much higher temperatures on the Mugello circuit.
Sam Lowes, who will start from the fifth row, said he was pleased with his race pace, especially on used tyres. His Spanish team-mate, who suffered a heavy crash on Friday, had to deal with a lack of grip on the corner entry. He concludes the day in 22nd just one second off Mattia Pasini’s pole position.
The two SWISS INNOVATIVE INVESTORS KTM team’s riders will be back on Sunday morning for the warm-up before the race scheduled at 12.20 pm.
Iker Lecuona (22nd – 1’52.668):
“This morning the session went quite well. I felt good and my feeling with the front was great. During qualifying, on used tyres, I suffered to stop the bike. I put more stress on the front when braking and I go wide. I still have to work to be faster on one lap. The race will be different from those in Jerez or Austin. However, I think I can finish in the points. We’ll do our best!”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win
- Martin pulls the pin to perfection as the standings shuffle
- 10 reasons to watch the German GP