Canet lost contact with the leading riders on the opening corners and rode the entire race in a packed second group.
Canet goes from second to fourth position in the overall standings, 22 points off the series leader, Marco Bezzechi.
“I made a mistake at the start and I was left behind on the opening laps; if I had started better, I’m sure I could have escaped with the front group. The problem was that I couldn’t overtake on the straight and this, at a circuit like Mugello, is very important. I kept trying to push on the fast corners, but I couldn’t gain positions. These next few weeks I will focus on training to the fullest to be ready for the next race in Barcelona. There I will give my all and I will try to do better.”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win
- Martin pulls the pin to perfection as the standings shuffle
- 10 reasons to watch the German GP