Jorge Lorenzo ended the first day of free practice action for the Catalan GP, round 7 of the championship held this weekend at the Montmeló circuit, at the top of the timesheets. The Ducati Team’s Spanish rider, who had set third-quickest time this morning, lapped in an excellent pace in the afternoon session and set a time of 1’38.930 towards the end of FP2, which put him on provisional pole position.
Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99): 1st (1’38.930)
“We have begun this Catalan GP weekend well and have shown that we have a very competitive base. The track has changed but my feelings are very good and in addition the Montmeló circuit has always been one of those where I manage to get the best out of my riding style. Ever since the test a few weeks ago we were convinced that we could be very quick here and we confirmed it both this morning and in the afternoon, when we also lapped with a very good race pace. We must continue in this way tomorrow to try and get a front-row grid start, which will be very important for the race.”
- British Talent Cup Selection Event candidates shortlisted
- Half-term report: Aki Ajo on the first half of 2018
- Nick Harris on Pedrosa's pure bad luck
- Multicoloured masterpiece: 2018 Misano poster released!
- Alex Marquez remains at EG 0,0 Marc VDS Moto2™ in 2019
- Yamaha MotoGP Team and Monster join forces from 2019
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM