Tito Rabat shone at his home Grand Prix today, clocking the eighth fastest lap in qualifying in front of his Spanish fans.
This weekend has been one of the best ever for the Catalonian rider this season so far. He moved straight up to Q2 with a lap time of 1’39.256 in the third free practice session. In qualifying, he battled his way into the Top Ten even though he didn’t find the best feeling with the front of his Ducati. With a best lap time of 1’39.504 minutes, he will now start the race from the third row of the grid. He is ready to race at 100% and he is determined to push hard and to ride the best possible race at his home GP.
“Today has been a positive day, because we did a good practice and this morning we went straight in Q2. In FP4 we also had a great pace and I’m confident for the race. But in Q2 I struggled in the braking areas. Nevertheless, we are ready to race, we just have to wait and see what the weather will be like and if it’s cooler or warmer than today, because this will be crucial for our tyre choice. Needless to say, we will give our best in the race tomorrow. If I have a good start, I’ll be able to fight for a strong result.”
- Rossi: "I studied Folger's race"
- Marquez: “It was very, very tough”
- Best photos from the German GP
- Viñales: "We were one of the strongest at the end"
- King of the Ring: Marquez secures 9th overall German GP win!
- Brilliant Binder takes maiden Moto2™ win
- Martin pulls the pin to perfection as the standings shuffle
- 10 reasons to watch the German GP