Arón Canet had a big crash along with Bulega and Arenas, when he was hit at Turn 4 of Lap 15 when in the front group.
After this race, Canet is fifth in the overall standings with 61 points. Alonso Lopez moves up to fourteenth with 31.
“It’s a shame to finish the weekend like this, because it was a very fun race and I was controlling the situation well from the beginning. Both Enea [Bastianini] and I had a very good pace, so I didn’t want to pass him and for us to get in each other’s way. I was preparing my strategy to pass him on the last corner, but when Martín crashed we reeled in Suzuki and from there it was a constant overtaking exchange with the riders that took advantage of the slipstream. In group races it is very easy for someone to make a mistake: I did that at Jerez, Arenas did it here, so I don’t think I should get upset with anyone. The doctors say I have no fracture, although my ankle hurts.”
- British Talent Cup Selection Event candidates shortlisted
- Half-term report: Aki Ajo on the first half of 2018
- Nick Harris on Pedrosa's pure bad luck
- Multicoloured masterpiece: 2018 Misano poster released!
- Alex Marquez remains at EG 0,0 Marc VDS Moto2™ in 2019
- Yamaha MotoGP Team and Monster join forces from 2019
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM