Even though Augusto Fernández started the Catalan GP Moto2 race from the 20th position in the starting grid, he knew he had the rythm to be able to finish in the points – and that’s exactly what he did.
Despite the fact that he lost some places at the beginning of the race, going back to the 24th position in the first lap, the Pons HP 40 rider then started to overtake his rivals until he got to the points zone.
In that moment, he started a battle with another rider, that made it imposible for him to chase the group that was fighting for 10th position. Despite all of this, he completed a great comeback and crossed the finish line in the 14th position with two World Championship points.
Augusto Fernández #40 – 14th, +20.241
“Today I made a bad start that affected the whole race. Then Lowes also started and we both had a good rythm, so we started the comeback until we reached the points zone. When we wanted to escape together, I started battling with another rider and lost contact with the group that was fighting for the 10th place. It’s a shame because we had the rythm to be with them and get a better position, but, after a bad start and had finished the first lap in the 24th place, complete a 10 places comeback it’s good. I’m happy and I want to thank the whole team for their work and for this chance”.
- British Talent Cup Selection Event candidates shortlisted
- Half-term report: Aki Ajo on the first half of 2018
- Nick Harris on Pedrosa's pure bad luck
- Multicoloured masterpiece: 2018 Misano poster released!
- Alex Marquez remains at EG 0,0 Marc VDS Moto2™ in 2019
- Yamaha MotoGP Team and Monster join forces from 2019
- Brothers, sisters and winners
- Successful Sachsenring Sunday for Smith and KTM