Alvaro’s Excellent Podium Down Under
Well, in a weekend when – let’s be honest – nobody was going to touch Lorenzo, Alvaro’s second place at the 250cc Australian GP at Philip Island was more than respectable.
His third place on the grid was excellent and his dicing throughout the race was superb to bring home some extra points for his season tally and yet another podium in his rookie 250 year. Awesome 🙂
Although to us, it merely looked exciting and an excellent fight, Bati clearly had a harder time of it than was really visible to us.
In some roughly (and probably poorly) translated words, here’s Alvaro’s take on how things went…
“It has been a difficult race… The conditions were very difficult, with a lot of wind.
Lorenzo just escaped and was it impossible to stay with him, so we concentrated on the fight for second position. That was my objective.
In the end I took second. The bike moved around a lot, and it became difficult to work with the wind. But I am happy, mainly because in this first year in 250cc I am feeling really good about it. I hope that this carries on in next the two races.”
& here is the classified results listing…
AUSTRALIAN MOTOGP 250CC GRAND PRIX, AUSTRALIA 14/10/07
Pos Rider Make Time
1. Jorge Lorenzo Aprilia 39:25.727
2. Alvaro Bautista Aprilia + 19.634
3. Andrea Dovizioso Honda + 19.724
4. Hiroshi Aoyama KTM + 19.797
5. Thomas Luthi Aprilia + 20.066
6. Julian Simon Honda + 21.045
7. Marco Simoncelli Gilera + 32.960
8. Shuhei Aoyama Honda + 33.043
9. Alex de Angelis Aprilia + 33.051
10. Yuki Takahashi Honda + 44.814
11. R. Locatelli Gilera + 48.733
12. Jules Cluzel Aprilia + 54.010
13. Karel Abraham Aprilia +1:03.218
14. Aleix Espargaro Aprilia +1:09.368
15. Dirk Heidolf Aprilia +1:17.807
16. Eugene Laverty Honda +1:21.239
17. Fabrizio Lai Aprilia +1:31.245
18. Taro Sekiguchi Aprilia +1:33.575
19. R. Wilairot Honda +1:33.916
20. Federico Sandi Aprilia + 1 lap