Lap 9 Fall Costs Alvaro Dear…
Well, not a good race 🙁
Although Alvaro got a bit swallowed up off the start, he soon got back into the lead in the drying – but still partially wet and greasy conditions – and was looking pretty fine until on lap 9 he fell at the first corner.
Thankfully a long slide left him in good enough shape to get back on the bike and continue the race (down in 13th).
The bike looked pretty compromised but he never gave up and came home an eventual 12th.
Still, with Mika Kallio taking what was then a pretty easy win and pocketing a fat load of points, it was a pretty grim day and leaves Bait waaaaaaaaay down on points as the season carries on.
Bah! Too down to do any more than cut and paste the results now…
Pos | Rider | Bike | Time
1. Mika Kallio KTM 48:12.217
2. Hiroshi Aoyama KTM + 3.238
3. Mattia Pasini Aprilia + 13.811
4. Marco Simoncelli Gilera + 18.474
5. Alex Debon Aprilia + 21.066
6. Hector Barbera Aprilia + 25.158
7. Yuki Takahashi Honda + 29.99
8. R. Wilairot Honda + 39.871
9. Aleix Espargaro Aprilia + 48.344
10. Hector Faubel Aprilia + 55.47
11. R. Locatelli Gilera + 55.832
12. Alvaro Bautista Aprilia +1:00.442
13. Eugene Laverty Aprilia +1:00.732
14. Fabrizio Lai Gilera +1:36.975
15. D.T. Pradita Yamaha +1:37.080
16. Imre Toth Aprilia +1:45.018
17. Russell Gomez Aprilia +2:13.718
Rider | Bike | On lap
Alex Baldolini Aprilia 14
Julian Simon KTM 5
Thomas Luthi Aprilia 5
Karel Abraham Aprilia 4
Lukas Pesek Aprilia 2
Manuel Poggiali Gilera 0
FASTEST LAP: Kallio, 2:15.834 on lap 19