Jerez GP – Qualifying: Alvaro 4th
Alvaro Bautista lines up on the front row of the gird in 4th position for tomorrow’s Spanish 250cc Grand Prix at Jerez.
Ahead of him are Alex Debon on pole, and “Dumb & Dumber” as they are known in some parts – Hector Barbera and Marco Simoncelli.
Alvaro’s starts haven’t been great this season, and for once you almost hope he does drop back a bit to allow any craziness up front to sort itself out. (Ideally in the gravel somewhere…)
Preferably though, all will be well following some possible engine issues today and he can just get straight on with the job.
Here’s the top ten from Qualy…
1. Debon (Aprilia) 1min 43.028sec
2. Barbera (Aprilia) +0.289sec
3. Simoncelli (Gilera) +0.348sec
4. Bautista (Aprilia) +0.423sec
5. Cluzel (Aprilia) +0.493sec
6. Aoyama (Honda) +0.563sec
7. di Meglio (Aprilia) +0.764sec
8. Luthi (Aprilia) +0.836sec
9. Faubel (Honda) +0.863sec
10. Talmacsi (Aprilia) +1.030sec
Suerte Alvarito!!! 🙂