Spanish Rider Stats: Raceday, Misano
• Misano is one of just three current circuits at which Dani Pedrosa has not had a MotoGP podium; the others are Indianapolis and Phillip Island.
• Third on the grid, Jorge Lorenzo has maintained his record of qualifying on the front row at every race in 2009. Following his victory at Indianapolis, Lorenzo will be aiming to score back-to-back MotoGP victories for the first time.
• Leading the second row of the grid is Toni Elias, who has equalled his best qualifying performance of the year which he achieved at Brno, where he also finished on the podium for the only time in 2009. Last year at Misano, Elias was the first Ducati rider home in third place.
• Aleix Espargaro, having only his second start in MotoGP, has qualified just one second slower that the fastest Ducati rider on the grid, Nicky Hayden.
• Second on the 250cc grid is Hector Barbera. who is starting from the front row for the eighth successive race.
• Eighth fastest 250cc qualifier Alvaro Bautista, is starting from the second row of the grid for the fourth successive race after having qualified on the front row for the opening eight races of the year. He won the 250cc race last year at Misano after qualifying down in 11th on the grid.
• Second on the 125cc grid, Julian Simon starts from the front row for the eleventh time this year.
• Nico Terol has finished in the top four six times in the past seven races.
• If sixth fastest 125cc qualifier Pol Espargaro wins the race it will be the 50th win for Derbi in the 125cc class. Espargaro will be making his 50th Grand Prix start.