Vazquez qualifies for third row after being plagued by mechanical problems
Spaniard Efren Vazquez took ninth position in qualifying session after dealing with a couple of mechanical problems throughout the weekend.
Aki Ajo: “I am sorry for Vazquez. His bike´s engine had some mystical piston damages on Friday and on Saturday. We can’t be fully happy with the qualifying, but we should remember that in these circumstances time differences behind the fastest riders were pretty big. Our riders do have good possibilities to fight for the podium positions in Sunday’s race.”
125cc championship leader Nicolas Terol took the pole position by a large margin of over seven tenths of a second and will fight for his third victory of the season tomorrow. German Sandro Cortese was second. Vazquez was 2,038 seconds behind Terol.
1. Nicolas Terol Spain, Bankia Aspar Team Aprilia 1.46,556
2. Sandro Cortese Germany, Intact-Racing Team Germany Aprilia + 0,714
3. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Andalucia Banca Civica Aprilia + 0,849
4. Hector Faubel Spain, Bankia Aspar Team Aprilia + 1,044
5. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Andalucia Banca Civica Aprilia + 1,194
6. Johann Zarzo France, Avant-AirAsia-Ajo Derbi + 1,797
7. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP Aprilia + 1,942
8. Jonas Folger Germany, Red Bull Ajo Motorsport Aprilia + 2,001
9. Efren Vazquez Spain, Avant-AirAsia-Ajo Derbi + 2,038
Source: Ajo Motorsport