FIM CEV Repsol 2016 regulations updates
Updates to the regulations for the FIM CEV Repsol championships have been announced. Heading into the 2016 season, here are the main changes that will come into effect:
New Moto3™ Production subclass in the Moto3™ Junior World Championship category
• Completely standard Honda NSF 250 R engine. The throttle body, the bell mouth, clutch (except discs), gearbox and fuel pump should be those of the original engine, as must the ECU and related software. Only the exhaust and air box may be changed. All engine parts must be those of the original motorcycle, except those mentioned here.
• The chassis design is unrestricted, but must respect the regulations of the Moto3™ Junior World Championship class.
• The data acquisition system will be restricted.
• The complete regulations for the Moto3™ Production class will be published in the near future.
At some circuits, the Organization will extend unofficial and untimed practice by one day
• Practice will be allowed on the Thursday of race week at the following events: Valencia Circuit (April 17), Barcelona-Cataluny Circuit, Albacete Circuit, Autódromo Internacional do Algarve and Jerez Circuit. Practice will not be allowed on the Thursday of race week at the following events: Le Mans, MotorLand Aragón and Valencia Circuit (November 20).
• These practice sessions are organized by the circuit and payment must be made to the circuit directly. Those teams and riders interested in taking part in the free practice scheduled on Thursday and Friday of race week may install their equipment on the Wednesday of race week.
Restrictions on unofficial private practice
• The Organization allows a maximum of 14 days a year for Moto3™ and 13 days a year for Moto2™ and Superbike to practice privately at any of the circuits of the FIM CEV Repsol calendar 2016. Unofficial Thursday race week practice will be deducted from the maximum number of days allowed. However, Friday race week practice and Saturday qualifying sessions will not be subtracted from the maximum number of days allowed.
• Riders must inform the organization of private practice sessions via their personal registration form on the official website (http://www.fimcevrepsol.com/es/inscripciones/login), within 72 hours after the completion of the practice session, whether this practice is unofficial Thursday race week practice or any other privately organized practice at circuits where the FIM CEV Repsol races are to be held during the season. Failure to notify the Organization of practice sessions or exceeding the maximum permitted number of days practice will be sanctioned by Race Direction.
• For all riders who are registered in the competition, private practice sessions are prohibited at the same track where the competition will be held during the week of the event, except for those organized by the circuit on Thursday and Friday. This prohibition shall not apply at the last event of the season.
• There is no restriction on the number of places available for Moto3™ Junior World Championship riders, except at Le Mans and the Valencia Circuit (November 20). For both of these events, riders must be pre-registered and have a place confirmed close to to the date of the event.
• Places will be confirmed at the moment of registration for the first 25 Moto2™ European Championship riders and the first 25 Superbike European Championship riders. Once this number of full registrations is reached, additional riders will be pre-registered and full registration will depend on the Selection Committee confirming their place.
• The riders with full registrations in Moto2™ and Superbike will have priority.
• The provisional entry lists will close 45 days before the start of the championship.
• In the next few days, the opening date for making registrations will be announced.
All the results, videos, photos and information about the championship can be found on the official website: www.fimcevrepsol.com